Japan, one of the world’s most innovative ecosystems, is attracting more foreign entrepreneurs to strengthen its venture and startup ecosystem. Learn what opportunities Japan holds for German businesses.
Global Technology Leader
Partnerships with Japanese firms increase your capabilities and global competitiveness
Power of Deep Tech Entrepreneurship
There has been a rise of deep tech startups in Japan and VC investments in deep tech fields such as autonomous driving and robotics
Strong Economy & Government Initiatives
Profit from the rapidly increasing VC investments after the new economic growth policy “Abenomics”
European Partnership Agreement
No trade barriers between the EU and Japan since 1st February 2019
What can you expect?
- Explore business opportunities in Japan and Singapore to scale into Asia, through meetings with local government representatives, among others.
- Learn about Japan business culture and how to engage with Japanese corporates
- Attend 1:1 meetings with potential customers or partners.
- Learn from international startups and local innovators who will share their experiences of scaling businesses in Japan and Southeast Asia
- Learn how to set up your business and tailor your solutions in Japan and Singapore
- Network during local ecosystem events with an audience of established companies, VCs, mentors and government representatives
See our schedule and speakers from our last edition.
Must be a Germany-registered startup* from any sector or industry, with:
– Traction in the German market
– Or a product (at least MVP) that is destined for the Asian market
– Or interest in the Asian market
*The program is also open to German VCs and incubators.
As the program is supported by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi), participation fees are subsidised and kept low to cover operational expenses.
The program costs 750EUR per individual (covers both virtual program and the local immersion). It does not include travel and accommodation costs, which have to be covered by participating companies.