With the doubling of startup support facilities by 2022, Seoul is poised to become a regional hub for both local and foreign startups and innovators looking to explore new business opportunities.
Unlock new opportunities in South Korea’s high-growth sectors
South Korea is the world’s 9th and Asia’s 3rd largest medical devices market. Take advantage of the country’s high demand for innovative solutions that will address its shrinking & aging population
With a high urbanization rate of 82% and most connected online markets, South Korea is also the 1st country to launch 5G network.
Find out how to benefit from government incentives for companies developing Smart Factory technology as South Korea aims to build 30,000 smart factories by 2022.
What can you expect?
- Understand the local ecosystem of South Korea and Singapore
- Meet potential clients, advisors, industry experts, and VCs
- Learn from local and international startups as they share their market entry success stories
- Insights into how to do/not do business in South Korea and Singapore (including legal requirements, how to approach corporates etc.), and cultural familiarization
- Networking at local events to give our startups exposure to the local innovation ecosystem (corporates, VCs, other startups, and government)
Must be a Germany-registered startup* from any sector or industry, with:
– Traction in the German market
– Or a product (at least MVP) that is destined for the Asian market
– Or interest in the Asian market
*The program is also open to German VCs and incubators.
As the program is supported by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi), participation fees are subsidised and kept low to cover operational expenses.
The program costs 750EUR per individual. It does not include travel and accommodation costs, which have to be covered by participating startups.
Each Next Step Asia edition in South Korea will cover around 3 days, and 3 days in Singapore – your launchpad to Asia.