Please take note of the following criteria to participate in our program:
- Corporation in Germany: Your company must be incorporated in Germany
- Accepted Legal Form: Accepted legal forms are UG, AG, GmbH, GmbH & Co. KG
- As the Next Step program is covered by the EU’s de minimis aid regulation, please note that we will need you to send a signed de-minis declaration form to complete the application process.
- Please note that there is a limit of €200,000 of de minimis benefits you are allowed to receive within the current and the two calendar years before.
Application and confirmation process:
- Duration, Withdrawal, Cancellation and Changes
- Obligations of the Participant
- Participation Fee
- Marketing (collection of info and data for marketing purposes)
Next Step is powered by German Accelerator. German Accelerator is a program funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economics and Energy (BMWi) and is currently managed by German Entrepreneurship GmbH. The current funding period for this program will expire on December 31, 2020. The German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy is currently reviewing proposals in a public procurement procedure for the new funding period starting on January 1, 2021. This could lead to a change of project management effective January 1, 2021. While the procurement procedure is ongoing, startups can apply to and participate in the German Accelerator programs. In the event of a change of the project management provider, German Entrepreneurship GmbH will reach out to all applicants to ask for their consent to share their data with the new provider.
Information on data privacy and data collection when applying to participate in the Next Step Asia program
In addition we inform you that the the data you provide during the selection process will only be used as stated here:
- We will store your application, pitch deck, personal and enterprise related data in our CRM.
- We may provide the data from your application form and company pitch deck to companies that facilitate the programs in Silicon Valley, New York, Cambridge (Boston) and Southeast Asia for selection purposes, mentor allocation and the acceleration service.
- The companies listed above may share your data with their partners.
- Should you be selected to participate in our program, we have your consent to publish publicly accessible and non-confidential information provided by you about your company in press releases and social media postings.
- We will provide your company name in reports for the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology (BMWi) and Projektträger Jülich (PTJ).
- We will provide your company name, logo and website, as well as your company’s one paragraph pitch and the CEO’s name(s) to our partners.
- Should you apply, be selected and subsequently graduate from our German Accelerator program, we will include your company name and logo, as well as a link to your company website on the German Accelerator website.
You are entitled to revoke the use and storage of your data at any time. This must be done in written form sent via mail to German Entrepreneurship GmbH, Geschwister-Scholl-Platz 1, 80539 München, Deutschland, or via E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The duration of data storage depends on the statutory storage requirements and is usually 10 years.
We will not transfer your personal and enterprise related data to third parties or use them for purposes other than those stated above. If you have any questions regarding the use, storage, and handling of your data, you can contact us via E-Mail at email@example.com at any time. Please also feel free to contact us, if you would like to correct or adjust any of your data.